Can you use human biology to invent a revolutionary way to deodorise?
We have a series of four contests coming up on the topic of deodorants, but broader than that. The four contests will be launched one after another and they are all on distinct themes. Here is the second one.
The human body is a miraculous thing and it has capabilities that we are only just beginning to understand. More and more, scientists are discovering new ways of working with the human body that we never before thought possible, e.g. regenerating tissue or organs that are deteriorating back to their original state by growing them in the laboratory and then safely implanting them back into the body, or optimising naturally occurring internal bodily processes to have an effect on the outside.
But when it comes to managing sweat and odour and taking care of underarm skin, the only options we have are external solutions such as deodorants as we know them now.
What if we were able to override nature from within, combatting its effects using our own bodily processes? Is there a way to control how much sweat we produce in the first place rather than masking its effects? What if we could restore our underarm skin back to the way it was when we were young, before we started shaving, plucking and waxing?
Think how different that could be!
Invent a revolutionary solution that uses human biology to manage sweat and odour, and restore delicate underarm skin
You do not need to explain the science behind your idea in details, just think of an original idea that would totally reinvent deodorants and underarm care products as we know them today.
The idea here is to move deodorants from being external solutions to something that works from within, to optimise and ultimately control our own natural sweating process and restore underarm skin.
Your idea for a new solution can either be something that works from within the body, (like a pill that you take) or something that reverses damage caused by external processes (shaving, plucking, waxing, etc.) and internal processes (aging). It should be a solution that uses the human body to provide a fully renewed experience of deodorising and underarm care.
What innovation can you think of to break the mould?
Tell us how it works, what it looks like and who it is for. Your entry should be composed of: a product idea, a packaging idea, and the story around it (when, why and for whom).
We favour meaningful and breakthrough ideas and the focus here is not about submitting great looking ideas only. Spend time on crafting an amazing concept and impress us!
Die Beispiele sind nur dazu da, dir eine konkretere Vorstellung von unseren Erwartungen zu geben. Bitte verwende sie nicht in für den von dir eingereichten Beitrag, da er sonst abgelehnt wird.
A good idea for this contest: a swallowable perfume: a pill you take that works from within to emit a genetically unique scent to reflect who we are. It’s unique to one person and can’t be reproduced scientifically. Only the human body is able to produce it!
A bad idea: A whitening deodorant. This is a good idea but it already exists, so it won’t be accepted for this contest.
- #1 Preis 3.000 €
- #2 Preis 1.500 €
- #3 Preis 1.000 €
- #4 Preis 500 €
Product and packaging design (visual) and text (4 pages PDF only).
Understanding the very basics of how the body and science can work together to manage sweat and odour and restore underarm skin will be useful for this contest but is not a pre-requisite. Considering the whole person is key to creating good ideas - this means that instead of considering the body as a combination of parts, you should take a holistic approach.
Entries that surprise us because they are so inventive will have the best chance of winning! We are looking for breakthrough ideas.
Leitlinien für diesen Wettbewerb
- Don’t use any brand for your product idea.
- Think beyond deodorants. Think ‘deodorising solution’.
- As we are focusing chiefly on ideas, quality of execution is less important.
- Entries must be written in English.
eYeka Standard Leitlinien
- Zeige keine persönlichen Details in dem Beitrag (Name, Kontaktnummer, E-Mail Adresse, etc.)
- Behalte eine high-quality Version Deiner Kreation, die genutzt werden kann wenn Du als Gewinner ausgewählt wirst.
- Dein Medium muss Deine eigene Arbeit sein um zum Wettbewerb zugelassen zu werden.
- Die schriftliche Erlaubnis aller Urheber und Darsteller, die zum Medium beigetragen haben, muss vorliegen.
- Gib bei der Verwendung von Fremdmaterial (Musik, Fotos, Designs usw.) in der Beschreibung des Mediums bitte an, ob die verwendete Musik und/oder das Bild/die Bilder von Dir stammen, und stelle andernfalls Links zur Lizenz bereit, die Dich berechtigt, diese Elemente zu nutzen.
- eYeka wird Dich auffordern, schriftliche Belege oder Kopien aller schriftlicher Dokumente vorzulegen, die solche Genehmigungen belegen, welche es eYeka und seinen Klienten ermöglichen, das Medium gemäß den Bedingungen der Wettbewerbsregeln zu nutzen.
- Jegliches Medium, welches diese Regeln verletzt, wird nicht im Wettbewerb berücksichtigt.