Make Serra da Estrela appealing with a new product or packaging idea.
Water Serra da Estrela is a pure, crystal-clear spring water of high quality, captured in the granite rock and bottled near its source within the protected area of the Natural Park of Serra da Estrela (1,200 mts altitude). Serra da Estrela is a granite mountain chain and the highest mountain in Portugal.
The water, which takes its name from the area, has a brand signature that says: “the best that the mountain has to offer”. This water is generous. It’s the best water for everybody as it’s a pure, cold and clear water, filtered by granitic rock. It’s also very common for hiking and sightseeing lovers to drink it, as well as food lovers, to accompany the best cheeses and rich local cuisine.
The problem is that water is not a very exciting product. People buy it when they have to (for hikes, for instance) but they don’t really care which brand they choose.
Serra da Estrela wants to innovate and find new ideas to make people choose this particular brand of water.
Can you think of ways to make spring water a product that people want to buy because it offers something its competitors don’t? Keep in mind that your ideas should be catchy and different, but without losing the brand’s essence – close to nature.
Reinvent Serra da Estrela by creating a new product or new packaging.
Think about what the brand could offer to people that is new and unique. It could be a dramatic change in pack, to make it more convenient or fun to use. Or it could be a new product like a new flavor, a new texture, a limited edition.
You’re free to invent a new product, as long as it’s still water. Flavored water is fine, but avoid putting coffee, tea, juices or carbonated drinks in your idea.
You need to think about what your product or packaging brings to people.
It needs to be useful or exciting - it needs to bring something new that people will like. It's not just an innovation for the sake of it.
Serra da Estrela is a premium brand, but your ideas should not be too costly for consumers to buy.
In terms of the existing range, Serra da Estrela only has still water. Check their website.
As for the available formats, Serra da Estrela exists in individual consumer packaging (0.33L, 0.50L) and household consumption (1.50L and 6L). There is also a glass bottle available in capacities of 0.25L, 0.50L and 1L.
Design your product or packaging with illustrations or sketches.
Along with your visuals, please use text to describe your product or packaging idea, and answer the questions:
- Description of your idea: give it a name and one catchy tagline to promote it.
- What are the benefits your product or packaging offers?
- For what specific group of people is your idea made?
- Why would people buy Serra da Estrela and no other?
Make sure your idea is new and unique. Make sure it’s relevant for the brand Serra da Estrela, which is pure, authentic, natural and premium.
Die Beispiele sind nur dazu da, dir eine konkretere Vorstellung von unseren Erwartungen zu geben. Bitte verwende sie nicht in für den von dir eingereichten Beitrag, da er sonst abgelehnt wird.
A good idea for this contest would be a water that has a vitamin supplement. A great solution to get ready for a hike in the mountains. People would drink it before and during their trip. It has a great taste, and there are tiny bubbles inside for a great mouth sensation.
A good packaging idea would be a system of three different-sized bottles (1.5 liters, 1 liter and 33cl) that are all attached. When they are grouped together, they look like a mountain chain, where the highest bottle (the 1.5 liter one) overlooks the others. It’s quite useful to be able to buy three different sizes as people use spring water for different reasons during a normal week.
- #1 Preis 3.000 €
- #2 Preis 1.500 €
- #3 Preis 500 €
Presentations with designs and text (4 pages max)
The jury will be sensitive to ideas that bring something really unique to consumers. To win, your idea must be something that makes people want Serra da Estrela and no other.
Leitlinien für diesen Wettbewerb
- Entries should be in English or in Portuguese.
- Don’t put coffee or tea in the water. Don’t invent juices or energy drinks. After all, your product will still be called water.
- You can download the logo from the toolkit.
- Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must include at least: (i) the right to incorporate the protected elements in new works that are derived or based upon these elements, (ii) the right to use for commercial purposes and (iii) the right to use on the Internet. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka Standard Leitlinien
- Zeige keine persönlichen Details in dem Beitrag (Name, Kontaktnummer, E-Mail Adresse, etc.)
- Behalte eine high-quality Version Deiner Kreation, die genutzt werden kann wenn Du als Gewinner ausgewählt wirst.
- Dein Medium muss Deine eigene Arbeit sein um zum Wettbewerb zugelassen zu werden.
- Die schriftliche Erlaubnis aller Urheber und Darsteller, die zum Medium beigetragen haben, muss vorliegen.
- Gib bei der Verwendung von Fremdmaterial (Musik, Fotos, Designs usw.) in der Beschreibung des Mediums bitte an, ob die verwendete Musik und/oder das Bild/die Bilder von Dir stammen, und stelle andernfalls Links zur Lizenz bereit, die Dich berechtigt, diese Elemente zu nutzen.
- eYeka wird Dich auffordern, schriftliche Belege oder Kopien aller schriftlicher Dokumente vorzulegen, die solche Genehmigungen belegen, welche es eYeka und seinen Klienten ermöglichen, das Medium gemäß den Bedingungen der Wettbewerbsregeln zu nutzen.
- Jegliches Medium, welches diese Regeln verletzt, wird nicht im Wettbewerb berücksichtigt.