Create a unique and reassuring diaper brand for mums!
Let’s meet Meng Zhang, a 28 year-old Chinese woman who just gave birth to her baby girl. From the moment she was pregnant, the baby got her full attention. Being an only child herself, because of the famous One-Child policy in China, and now having her own, most likely, only child, Meng feels the weighty responsibility of raising a happy, healthy and successful only child. She feels the 4 grandparents cannot give good advice because times have changed so much and she doesn’t have sisters to learn from, so she must learn everything from scratch. She looks for the best solution on everything related to her baby’s safety and comfort via all sources online and offline. When it comes to choosing a diaper brand, she is very cautious. She looks for a brand she can trust, and for her, it means products manufactured abroad. In fact, many Chinese mums feel that products “Made in Europe” are more reassuring than products made in Korea, Japan or the US.
A leading European company of baby products wants to launch a unique high-quality diaper brand for Chinese mums like Meng, who are concerned about the greatest possible safety and comfort for their babies. Meng, and other mums like her, know that this life stage is very focused on the baby. Often, they willingly make sacrifices in their personal and work life to provide the very best in safety and comfort for their one and only child.
This new diaper brand will be available for purchase directly online through trusted cross-border e-commerce platforms that import foreign brands from overseas. It provides exactly what the baby wants and needs. It offers maximum comfort: it keeps the baby’s skin dry, is comfortable to wear and gentle on their soft skin.
Can you help create a high-quality, reassuring and distinctive European diaper brand that is “all about the baby” for Chinese mums like Meng?
Create a high-quality, trustworthy ‘Made in Europe’ diaper brand that gives Chinese babies exactly what they want.
Most of the big diaper brands communicate from mum’s point of view… it’s about the joy of giving and caring rather than the reassurance of receiving. In a society where mums have felt the severe pressure to perform as a single child, and are now taking on the weighty responsibility of raising a child of their own, why not design a serious, yet disruptive brand that appeals to Chinese babies.
Think about the name, the slogan and the graphic identity that would bring this unique position to life – one that combines solid reassurance with a simple, fresh, innocent look and feel.
Please keep in mind that this brand will only be sold online, so the brand’s uniqueness must create a memorable WOW factor for Chinese mums who value a trustworthy European diaper brand.
Chinese mums are skeptical about choosing diaper brands and tend to trust high quality brands made in Europe and especially made in Germany. The brand that you design will be manufactured in Germany, and sold as an imported product online only. This means that its European heritage / imagery, focus on safety and appeal must stand out clearly on the pack, even in e-commerce.
Please structure your entry as follows:
1st page: a poster with a brand name, a catchy and memorable tagline and a pack design:
- For the non-Chinese community, the brand name should be rooted in English or German. It should be short, easy to pronounce, to understand and to remember.
- If you do speak Mandarin, try to come up with an English word which has a Mandarin alliteration that is distinctive, meaningful and concise.
- The pack design must communicate the brand’s European credentials in a distinctive, reassuring and appealing way.
2nd page: please suggest some designs, patterns and motifs that can “decorate” the diaper itself. The graphics should be light and simple (not too bold in color because it could evoke harsh chemicals). Remember that it’s all about the baby when creating your graphic idea.
3rd page: answer the following questions:
- What is the idea behind your brand name?
- How does your idea communicate the brand’s European credentials, its high quality, and its reassurance on safety and comfort?
- Why is it appealing to Chinese mums? What frustrations does your idea solve?
Die Beispiele sind nur dazu da, dir eine konkretere Vorstellung von unseren Erwartungen zu geben. Bitte verwende sie nicht in für den von dir eingereichten Beitrag, da er sonst abgelehnt wird.
An example of a good entry could be a brand named “Biobaby” with light green packaging. The name is short and easy to remember. The packaging suggests distinctive product functionality through simple illustrations and European heritage with the flag of the EU.
An example of a bad entry could be a diaper design with European cities and unclear product functionality. It only focuses on mums instead of babies’ needs and doesn’t communicate to them in an emotional way.
Also, please avoid brand names that are too long or not meaningful like “lovely diapers”, “cutie baby” etc.
- #1 Preis 5.000 €
- #2 Preis 2.500 €
- #3 Preis 1.000 €
- #4 Preis 1.000 €
- #5 Preis 500 €
A presentation with visuals and texts (maximum 3 pages)
We are looking for distinctive ideas that stand out in a crowded category. Your idea must communicate the high quality and reassuring safety of a brand made in Europe through a name, tagline, pack design, and diaper pattern.
Leitlinien für diesen Wettbewerb
- We only accept entries in English and Mandarin.
- Don’t be caught in the blue / pink traditions associated with diapers in Western countries. The Chinese prefer light unisex colors that imply gentle and comfortable diapers.
- No black humor, irony, mocking or denigrating competitors or any inappropriate content. The tone of voice should be gentle, positive and reassuring, rather than one that evokes fear.
- Please avoid ideas that are too close to key competitor brands: “GoodNites mean good mornings”, “Luvs. Life uninterrupted. Live. Learn. Get Luvs”, “Every baby's a winner.” (“怎么动，都舒服”，“超薄干爽”)
- Please answer the three questions above in your entry
- Please respect the mandatory format as well as the structure.
- Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must include at least: (i) the right to incorporate the protected elements in new works that are derived or based upon these elements, (ii) the right to use for commercial purposes and (iii) the right to use on the Internet. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka Standard Leitlinien
- Zeige keine persönlichen Details in dem Beitrag (Name, Kontaktnummer, E-Mail Adresse, etc.)
- Behalte eine high-quality Version Deiner Kreation, die genutzt werden kann wenn Du als Gewinner ausgewählt wirst.
- Dein Medium muss Deine eigene Arbeit sein um zum Wettbewerb zugelassen zu werden.
- Die schriftliche Erlaubnis aller Urheber und Darsteller, die zum Medium beigetragen haben, muss vorliegen.
- Gib bei der Verwendung von Fremdmaterial (Musik, Fotos, Designs usw.) in der Beschreibung des Mediums bitte an, ob die verwendete Musik und/oder das Bild/die Bilder von Dir stammen, und stelle andernfalls Links zur Lizenz bereit, die Dich berechtigt, diese Elemente zu nutzen.
- eYeka wird Dich auffordern, schriftliche Belege oder Kopien aller schriftlicher Dokumente vorzulegen, die solche Genehmigungen belegen, welche es eYeka und seinen Klienten ermöglichen, das Medium gemäß den Bedingungen der Wettbewerbsregeln zu nutzen.
- Jegliches Medium, welches diese Regeln verletzt, wird nicht im Wettbewerb berücksichtigt.